Vacuum Insulted Tubing (VIT)
Made to exacting standards in both China and Canada, our line of Vacuum Insulated Tubes provide the heavy oil sector a cost effective assist to steam injection enhanced production activities. Available in multiple size and grade combinations, VIT tubes provide an alternative to other more expensive tertiary recovery methods.
- VIT dramatically reduces heat flow from the inner surface of the inner tube to the outer surface of the outer tube.
- VIT is designed to address all three methods of heat transfer: radiation,conduction and convection.
- VIT is composed of outer pipe, inner pipe, insulation, coupling, seal ring and insulated liner. The insulation applies multilayer aluminum foil and glass fiber.
- VIT Getter: Long-life vacuum integrity ensured through the use of getters inside the vacuum. It is a metal alloy, which absorbs molecular gases, primarily hydrogen.
- VIT is composed of an outer threaded tube, with an inner tube welded inside.
- VIT annulus space vacuum in known as “super insulated technology” by many countries all over the world.
The VIT Advantage
- SOR – Steam to Oil ratio
- Steam rate, energy costs, and operating temperature
- Heat stress on casing and deformation
- Circulation period for production
- Greenhouse emissions
- Casing diameter and need for premium connections in certain applications
- Workouts to remove blockage wax (paraffin)
- Steam control at the toe of well and heat loss to surroundings
- Protection for cementing
ROI and ROE is tangible and positive
VIT Technical Parameters
Grades: J/K55, L80, 80SS, P110, IRP, D10
Range: 2 or 3
Threading: Inner tube and outer tube threading
Connections: Semi-premium and premium available
Normal operating temperature: 350 Celsius
Conductivity (k) of inner pipe: 0.002 – 0.08 W/m*C